Oxnard Adult School is proud to announce their full accreditation by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges through June 30, 2025.
WASC Philosophy The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) believes that the goal of any school should be to provide for successful student learning. Programs encompassing both the cognitive and affective components of learning should foster human growth and development and enable students to become responsible, productive members of the school community and of society. Each school should develop a school purpose to reflect its beliefs. For ongoing program improvement, each school should engage in objective and subjective internal and external evaluations to assess progress in achieving its purpose. The Commission grants accreditation to a school based upon the following:
- The presumption that the primary goals of accreditation are
- certification to the public that the school is a trustworthy institution of learning
- the improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning.
- The school’s self-study and the visiting committee’s report provides compelling evidence that
- the school is substantially accomplishing its stated purposes and functions identified as appropriate for an institution of its type
- the school is meeting an acceptable level of quality in accordance with the WASC criteria adopted by the Accrediting Commission.
The mission of the Commission is to foster excellence in elementary, secondary, adult, and post-secondary education by encouraging school improvement through a process of continuing evaluation and to recognize, by accreditation, schools that meet an acceptable level of quality, in accordance with established criteria.
The Commission extends its services to public and private schools located in California, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Marianas, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and to American/International Schools in East Asia and the Pacific.
California Adult Schools
California Adult Schools make it convenient and affordable for all students to reach their educational, training, career and personal goals. As part of the state’s public school districts, our schools develop skilled workers, strong families and successful communities by offering opportunities to learn at every stage of life.