Medical Billing – Semester 1
Learn the basics of physician-based medical billing. This introductory class to the basics of physician-based medical billing. Case studies and software tools like SimClaim CMS-1500 software offer you practice on actual forms to build confidence and understanding of the reimbursement process. Advanced Medical Billing and coding will be offered second semester. This is a hybrid course (classroom and online instruction).
Clear and practical guidelines introduce you to the job responsibilities and basic processes in the medical billing world. Case studies and software tools offer you practice on actual forms to build confidence and understanding of the reimbursement process. This class starts you off on the right path as you begin your journey to becoming a medical billing professional.
Features and Benefits
- User-friendly text clearly outlines objectives and highlights key information.
- Real medical forms such as EOBs, Superbills, and Denied Claims provide hands-on, real-world context that’s essential to mastery of medical billing.
- Detailed instructions about the revenue cycle and how to complete claim forms make it easy to think like a professional.
- Critical thinking is enhanced with case studies geared to various billing situation, including physician office visits and inpatient physician services.
- Application of concepts by working with denied claims and denials that require appeals and review of incorrect claim forms to detect errors.
- Includes Cengage EncoderPro Demo Printed Access Card and Premium Website.
|Brammer||6061||OAS-4||Fall 2019||T + online||10:30 am – 12:00 pm||$250||$100|