College & Career Services
- Resume Building
- Career Assessments
- Letter of Introduction
- Job Search
- Application Assistance
- Practice for Interviews
- Information on Colleges
- College Registration Assistance
Job and Career Center for Students
Our goal is not only to prepare you for a job, but also to help you find a career! The Oxnard Adult School Job and Career Center is located 1800 Solar Drive in Room N139 and employs a full time Job Developer to assist students in the following areas:
- Guidance in career decisions and assessments available to ensure the best educational path to success.
- Recommendations for Career Tech Diplomas and Industry Certifications to enhance employment skills.
- Resume building seminars and coaching focused on your particular career choice.
- Oxnard College outreach counselor: Schedule an appointment with Jacob Perez HERE.
For questions or more information, schedule an appointment with one of our counselors HERE.
Search for Jobs
- Job Center computers available to students for job search, resume construction, and online job applications.
- Job posting and announcement boards inside and outside Job Center (Room N139).
- Job Leads book in Job Center.
- Library and reference materials.
- Job search skills covering resume writing and critique, interviewing, utilizing internet employment databases, etc.
Attend a Job Fair
- Oxnard Adult School hosts a Job Fair with employers invited who match our student’s employment targets.
- Come hear representatives from many different careers talk about what it takes to make it in the job world. Make connections and network.